Cool. Hot. Substantial. BBQ. Bowl Food.
Hosting a party and looking to treat your guests with some taste-bud tingling sensations? Going Gourmet is the only catering company you need to provide affordable, delicious finger food for any party throughout Melbourne and beyond. With extensive experience at weddings, birthdays, corporate functions and more, we have the skills to serve you with excellent treats in any situation.
Canapé catering is the perfect choice for events and celebrations where your guests are mingling with one another and don’t need a full sit-down meal. Canapés are particularly popular for events such as wedding receptions and cocktail parties where guests can pick at the food as they like over time, with fresh trays being brought out regularly. Canapes increase in portion size as your event goes on, ensuring that your guests get to enjoy a progression of different types of cool, hot and bowl food items.
Fancy finger food that’s sure to impress
Going Gourmet can offer our amazing packages throughout Melbourne, surrounding suburbs and country locations so just let us know what you have in mind for your special event and we will let you know what we can do. Our finger food catering goes beyond the standard party pies and sandwiches to deliver handmade, beautiful dishes that showcase local produce and epicurean recipes in every bite.
Provided with our gourmet finger food catering packages;
- Expert chefs
- Friendly wait staff*
- Platters, serviettes, terracotta dishes, sauce spoons, boards, paella pans*
- All necessary kitchen utensils and accessories
- Power 10amp power outlet (standard domestic supply)
- Domestic cooking facilities
- BBQ or oven when applicable (if not, we can hire at a low cost)
Our cocktail party finger food catering service includes a fabulous chef(s) to prepare the food and professional wait staff* to make sure all your guests have a bite. The canapés are circled around the room systematically while our staff explain the sauces and garnishes. Enjoy great entertainment, great party food and an occasion to remember all rolled into one.
Good things come in bite-sized packages
Explore the menus below for inspiration, view our testimonials and get in touch with us today to design your perfect function with finger food catering from Melbourne’s preferred company. Just call (03) 9543 8810.
Also, take a look at our blog post “The Home Cocktail Experience”
*Please note: wait staff, serviceware and equipment are itemised on your quote depending on the number of guests attending your event.
These are the lighter options to kick your event off. With no cooking required onsite, these are assembled by your chef & designed to get your guests talking.
– Rare Beef Tataki, tonkatsu sauce, daikon & sesame on a cassava cracker (GF)
– Herbed Blinis with onion jam, dried prosciutto and Meredith goats curd (GF)
– Savoury Mini Cone, Vietnamese chicken salad, crispy shallots
– Salmon, Cucumber & Pickled Ginger, burnt chilli kewpie on prawn cracker (GF)
– Smoked Rainbow Trout tortilla, Tassie salmon caviar, dill (GF)
– Prawn, Flying Fish Roe, avocado mousse, chilli sugar salt on wonton crisp (GF)
– Caramelised Onion Scroll, Pulled Chicken, parsley & shallot salad
– Yuzu Kingfish Ceviche with Szechuan on sushi rice, wakame salad (GF)
These include a mix of either oven cooked or fried menu options which are cooked onsite at your event. Though a little more filling than cool canapes, they are still designed to be about ‘2 bites’ in size.
– Steak & Polenta Chip – grilled rare sirloin steak, crisp polenta chip, ‘bearnaise’ mayo (GF)
– Arancini – pumpkin & taleggio (V) – chorizo & mozzarella – green pea, lemon & fontina (V)
– Crystal Bay Prawn & Lemongrass Gyoza, spring onion & burnt chilli dipping sauce
– Mac n Cheese Croquettes – harissa aioli (V, GF)
– Mini Grilled Zucchini Charcoal Bun Slider, siracha kale & red pepper (V)
– Warm Savoury Crab Donuts, fennel, rosemary salt, preserved orange & chive aioli
– Beetroot Tarte Tatin, whipped fetta, vincotto onion (V)
– Jalapeno Poppers stuffed with cream cheese, wrapped in pancetta (GF)
These are fresh, lean proteins cooked on a BBQ in front of your guests. Packed full of herbs & spices as soon as these hit the grill plate – everyone will know about it!
– Grass Fed Beef Skewers with chimichurri sauce (GF)
– Chicken Tenderloin Skewers with tomato & tarragon vinaigrette (GF)
– Prawn Cutlets with curry sugar and fresh lime (GF)
– Chickpea, Broad Bean & Cumin Felafel with pomegranate yogurt (V, GF)
– Haloumi, Chorizo & Red Pepper Skewers, preserved orange& chive aioli (GF)
– Peri Peri Chicken Skewers, coriander & lime aioli (GF)
These are a real step up in portion size & usually fly off our platters the quickest – they are more like ‘4 bites’ in size.
– Sweet & Sticky Pork Belly Steamed Bao with kim chi, siracha aioli
– Panko Crumbed Rockling in Brioche Slider, cos lettuce, tartare
– BBQ Sumac Chicken in soft Israeli Pita, fresh cucumber, cos lettuce & spicy zhoug dressing
– Pulled Jackfruit Steamed Bao, chilli & cashew caramel, spring onion (VG)
– Haloumi Slider, fire roasted peppers, iceberg lettuce, green olive and chilli relish (V)
– Grilled Lamb & Rosemary Sausage in baby Baguette, harissa aioli, coriander & carrot pickle
The name really says it all, these are served in small bowls with a fork or spoon and are designed as a mini meal. These are brought out during the night to maintain a steady variety of filling options.
– Japanese Crispy Chicken Karaage, pickled daikon & wombok, kewpie mayo (GF)
– Korean Chicken Taco, cucumber in rice vinegar with mint& red cabbage
– Thai Red Duck Curry, lychees, coconut rice, lime leaves (GF)
– Baked Three Cheese Tortellini, tomato sugo, herbed pangrattato, young basil (V)
– Slow cooked Lamb Shoulder, crushed kipfler potatoes, feta pinenut & currant tomato salsa (GF)
– Kashmiri Pulao Rice, cumin roast cauliflower, smoked yogurt, pomegranates (V, GF)